Verona is a great city in northern Italy to explore and enjoy. The old downtown is small and perfect for a nice walk. The city was already an important center in Roman time, that’s why many Romans landmark still exist in Verona.
- The Roman Arena: this perfectly preserved Roman Arena, is perfectly preserved and it is still used for Opera performance and concert. Inside is like walking back in time. Attending a performance in this Arena is an incredible experience!
- Piazza Erbe: This beautiful piazza, surrounded by amazing frescoed building, is the heart of Verona. In the middle of the piazza there is a little market to buy fruits, juices or souvenirs.
- Juliet Balcony: Few steps away from Piazza Erbe, you’ll find this medieval building with a balcony that according to the legend is Juliet’s balcony. Early in the morning is quite nice, during the day it can be really busy.
- Castel San Pietro: just crossed the Ponte in Pietra over the Adige river you’ll find the old roman theatre, up the hill from there you’ll reach the Castel San Pietro where you can see the all city from the top. A great view.
- Lunch Break: I love to grab a quick lunch in one of the many little restaurants close to the ponte in pietra. Here there are less tourists and it is a nice quite area to eat some local food.
- The duomo: after lunch i like to walk to the duomo. This is a beautiful ancient church that is definitely worth to see.
- Castelvecchio and the Old Castelvecchio Bridge: This remarkable castle is really worth a long nice visit. Inside you’ll find a great museum of paintings, statures and old weapons. Outside the castle you’ll see the old bridge. From here you’ll be able so see some of the most remarkable view of Verona.
- Arco dei Gavi: This ancient white marble arch is just outside the castle, is a great place for pictures.
I hope you’ll enjoy this great city as much as I do!
Andrea was born and raised in Northern Italy. At the age of 30 he moved to Vancouver Canada. Over the years he traveled extensively in North America, Europe, Central America and Asia. He is passionate about traveling, cruising and travel photography. He likes to write about his traveling and shows his travel photos.